Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blogger's Challenge - Recycle It -- Stamps by Impression Obession

Hello to blogger readers.  I am posting a little late for Blogger's Challenge.  List mom, Lisa Somerville gave us the creative experiment to design with material designated for recycling..  As crafters we tend to inhabit other's domains...like hubby's work bench.  I kept mine simple, I save pieces of corrugated cardboard and old leather..You can see what other Blogger Players created by clicking HERE.
This altered piece is going to be a book cover for one of the little fellas in our family.
The little piece on the side is Faux Distress Paper...one of Technique Junkies techniques.
My first application of mediums to the cardboard was Gesso and then Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Chalk Board Sprays.  Next I applied Ranger Crackle Paints:  Antique, Bronze and Broken China.  A few swipes of  Tim Holtz Distress inks to finish my piece:  Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, and Rusty Hinge. I heat set each of these applications with a Heat Gun.
The blue scallop is from Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix Line " On the Edge " border diecut called Scallops.
My journaling on the side...is my favorite product:  Tim Holtz Ideology Film Strip...love this stuff.  I added the EK Success Label Lingo stickers inside the film strip.
The two epoxy sticker on the main image are from K & Co " Life's Journey".
Karen Foster Loopy Brads 
The cute little colt image is from Impression Obession...Melissa gordon line called Foal - K7008
You can view more of the stamps on the Impression Obsession site HERE...Jayme Loge of Scrapbooking Fanatics in Canada carries these stamps..If you see something you like and it is not in the store, let her know.
I stamped the image on Glossy White Cardstock with Ranger Archival Black ink and then heat set the ink.
For the sunset background I used Tim Holtz Distress inks:  Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey, Peeled paint, Crushed Olive, Victorian Velvet.

All products for this altered piece are from my favorite store
 " Scrapbooking Fanatics "

thanks for stopping by
connie paxman


13 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Connie - it will make such a fantastic book cover. Wonderful coloring, great use of products, lovely atlered cardboard!

Clara said...

Great idea using the cardboard. I think this is a great idea for a book cover. :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a wonderful card Connie! Your cardboard turned out perfectly! Lovely coloring on that great image too! Beautifully done! :D

Ida said...

This is so cute and charming. Great job using the cardboard and leather.

Sheryl said...

This card is amazing. I can't believe all the techniques you are using and what a perfect effect.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Oh, I love this, Connie. What a fabulous image and gorgeous background setting is perfect for it. Well done! Hugs, Gayle.

Riet Harikini said...

How great you made this again. I love what you did with the corrugated cardboard. Very smart looking.And the other background is amazing.
I don't know this technieq.
I love the little horse, so cute.

Terry said...

You did wonders with cardboard! The pony and butterfly are so cute! I love it Connie!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful color choices for this card and love the use of the corrugated cardboard. Very pretty!

Michele said...

this is wonderful! i can tell it has a lot of texture.

Lisa Bohler said...

I really like this book cover! I like how you used several different pieces to create fantastic texture!

Betty said...

Love it all, I had to come and comment.

Unknown said...

Fabulous artwork

Related Posts with Thumbnails