Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Celabration of Women

Please click on images to enlarge for a closer view.

I am back today again posting. Please feel free to subscribe to the subscription box on the side bar. For those of you subscribed on my other Blog, sorry you will have to subscribe again.

These two cards are about the celebration of "woman" and our creative feminine side.

Stamp images are from Gustav Klimt designs..from Cherry Pie Art stamps. I love Cherry Pie's stamps, they have very deep etched rubber. Their images lend to a simplistic design spelling out creativity of the soul.

The Backgrounds were done on the first card using one of my labratory experiments, just havin fun; with a composition of Stampin Up inks and Ranger Alcohol inks. I misted glossy cardstock with Rubbing Alcohol and brayered over and over..I liked the effect.


What can I say I love to mess around and love the surprise and new discoveries with different art mediums. Cardstock is from Stampin Up and black ink used is Stampin Up's Black Pigment Ink..one of my most used inks.


The words, that are stamped on both cards, are from my all-time favorite sheet Scrapbook Words from Innovative Stamp Creations. Incorporating word-art on my cards is a new thing..I also love this sheet for doing Journal Books.


The background on the second card was created using Ranger Alcohol inks and metallic mixatives on Ultra Smooth Vanilla Cardstock..I did some masking and had a few boo..boos...

Thanks for stopping by

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie, these cards are both a wonderful pieces of art. It amazes me how you come up with such beautiful backgrounds on your cards.

femminismo said...

Lovely stamps and colors. I really like these. You do good work! Jeanne in Oregon

Shirley said...

Great cards for a great celebration!

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Wonderful Blog Connie! Thank you for stopping by my blog. Did you know I use to have a store in Lumsden, SK?

Cheers,

Dorothy

Related Posts with Thumbnails