Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Bloggers Challenge #152 - TJ Designs Down the RABBIT HOLE

Double click on Pictures to see largest Resolution



Hello to fellow bloggers and readers, I am writing this post from Weyburn, Saskatchewan Canada.  Wishing everyone a save and fun long weekend.
Today is Friday,  and that means Bloggers Challenge Time.. our List Mom, Lisa Somerville, gave us this wonderful sketch to create from.  Be sure to check the spectacular creations of other Challenge Players HERE
I made this card for my Grandaughter a few weeks ago...unbeknown to me at the time that I made this card; that  it was such a close match to the sketch. Gotta love when that happens.
The mediums and methods I used are: Warhole, Faux Designer Papers using square shapes, Water  Color Distress and Wisped Frames; all of the mentioned techniques from Technique Junkies Newsletter..
The Film Strip Die cut is from Sizzix Bigz Diecuts for the Big Shot Machine....click HERE to see more Bigz dies. The inks are all from the Tim Holtz Distress line, which can be purchased at Scrapbookingfanatics Store.
The stamp for this card was an image from a stamp set called Down the Rabbit Hole TJ Designs by (Tweety Jill).  If you are a lover of Alice in Wonderland be sure to check out all of these sets..

Thanks for stopping by

Proud to Design for Scrapbooking Fanatics



21 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a wonderful card for your granddaughter! Great take on this weeks sketch, wonderful use of colors.

Basement Stamper said...

such a gorgeous card, love the image you used and all the jewels you added! Hope u have a safe trip!

Ida P. Krause said...

Very FUN card. Love the Alice image and all the wonderful colors and those pretty embellishments.

BarbaraW said...

What a great card. Love the use of the Warhol technique and Alice. The square gems in the film strip was cool.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wow, did you create a FAB card....I luv the filmstrip but never thought about the gems on it....you KNOW I'm filin' that one away in my squirrel box, I mean brain...nope erase that, I mean head! lol....Luv it!!!!

Terry said...

Your G-Daughter will treasure her birthday card! Love how you put it all together and those gems are an added treat!

Heidi Hihn said...

Love the bling and how you changed up the design! Wonderful card!

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Love the use of the jeweled accents.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Another fabulous wonderful card! Beautiful colors and I love the Warhol technique. TFS

Lisa Bohler said...

I like how you used the sketch and added extra embellishments! Really cool color combos!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Connie - this is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. I love the background.

Anonymous said...

Your card turned out fantastic. Amazed with what you did with the ribbon. Sheryl C

Riet said...

Yes I love it, and I am also grazy about Alice.

Connie Babbert said...

Wow...lots of techs on this card! I love that filmstrip look with the jewels!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so pretty Connie! I love that you turned the main image a little bit! Your background is wonderful! What a fantastic piece of art! :D

MJ said...

I love how you separated the long focal part with the three mini images. Beautiful job. Love all the extras.

Margaret Raburn said...

Connie,

Your work is always totally amazing! Beautiful colors, coloring, images and paper! I'm sure your granddaughter loves this card!

Shar said...

Great card! Love your take on the sketch!

Diana said...

This is a beautiful card.....she'll love it.....Love all the different colors, and techniques you put together.

Ali Manning said...

This is a beautiful card, Connie and you combined so many techniques - way to go!

Tiffany Bauer said...

What a beauty!!! Great take on the sketch too!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails