Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Baby Scrapbook Layouts - Technique's Galore

Click on Photo for a larger view






Hello fellow readers and bloggers, today I have to share with you a two-page layout I did of my newly born grandson...Yes he was Weyburn, Saskatchewan's New Year's Baby. Isn't he a sweetie and what proud parents he has.
I wanted my first layout of my grandson, to be grandma's own handi-work with my own creations I have done; by means of art mediums and Techniques from Pat's Stamp's Technique Junkies.. (and, there are a lot of techniques on this page..)
The Soft Suede Cardstock by Stampin Up, was distressed and stamped using the techique Faux Designer Paper, and retired stamp set by Stampin Up called Stars and Swirls. I also did the edges of Cardstock, in the ever-so-popular Technique Junkie technique called " Burnt Edges".
The 81/2 x11 background, is Stampin Up's White glossy cardstock implementing another Technique Junkie creation called Painted Pigments (with Alcohol)...
I told ya, I had a lot of different methods to get these two pages launched...are ya tired yet..!!!!
The tree, the fence and the white jounaling titles are all die-cuts from my Cricut Expression; using the "Heritage" cartridge...I am lovin that cartridge.
For the tree, I used Stampin Up Soft Suede Cardstock and Crushed Curry. I altered and enchanced this die-cut using another TJ method called "Dabbed Shimmers"... I applied this technique to the shadow background of the tree and also for the fence.
Now for the last techie..I just had to fill in those spaces on the die-cut tree imploring yet another TJ method of explicit art, called "Pieced Zines". I promise you once you try this technique you will become a magazine horder...

thanks for stopping by

shop 24/7

8 comments:

stamps&cars said...

Those are overly beautiful!!

Myrna said...

Connie
Congratulations on the new grand baby.
These are spectacular.
Myrna

Riet said...

Hallo Connie, Congrats with the new baby, I just love baby's.
But who dosn't.
Your layout is again so beautiful.
I love the big tree.
And the colors are so beautiful.
I love it.

Beth Norman said...

I am so in love with this layout. The fence and tree really pop. I might need the heritage cartridge just for the fence. Lovely photo of the proud new parents and baby. Sending hugs,

Beth

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Congrats to all! What a beautiful baby....These layouts are outstanding, so much detail, yet the photos take the show! What a gift of love to leave forever!

KAT said...

connie - I cruised through you blog and I just wanted to say that your scrapbooking layouts are wonderful - very different and really tie with the theme of all your photos! Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Love all the techniques. The colouring is just perfect for the photo and what an awesome family shot. Sheryl C.

Beth said...

Connie these 2 pages are remarkable the top one is my favorite and I love that tree I will be glad when I learn to do things like that with my cricut.

Related Posts with Thumbnails