Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Blogger's Challenge - Theme Birthday



A week sure does fly by; it is already Friday and time for blogger's challenge. This week, our theme is Birthday cards. I chose to create masculine cards, which is always a challenge for me.
You can click HERE to see what the other challenge players are posting.
I used four different sets of diecuts on these cards, the ship is stamped on the Stampin Up Top Note Sizzix Die Cut. The border trim and salutation background are dies are from Nestabilities.
I created the background using a technique from Pat's Stamps Technique Junkie newsletter..called "Ancient Paper". I have to say, this resource, is my favorite stamping cookbook.
The stamps for these two cards are now retired. The ship is from an old set called 'Ships A'hoy. I am grateful to be a proud owner of this stamp set. You will have to pry this collection from my cold dead hands; as I will never sell my old classic stamps. My heart aches for this era of vintage stamps to return to the classic Stampin Up line. Hopefully these retired sets are safely tucked away in the cupboards of caring and like-minded stampers.


Thanks for stopping by

17 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fantastic card- and I agree with loving the older gorgeous sets- i do not have this one, but another with a shop- and I will not be parting with it! I love your background technique- Fabulous!!! Best of luck with your surgery- will you be out of papercrafting for long???

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous masculine birthday cards, the technique you used is just perfect for these cards! Good luck with your hand surgery!

Dale Anne said...

GREAT Card!!!

Riet said...

very beautiful, a real men's card.

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, perfect masculine set! Love the Ancient Paper background, it looks phenomenal with this set!

Claudia said...

WOW - 2 gorgeous cards!!!!

Ida P. Krause said...

Wow these are wonderful. I love that Ship image (never had the set though) but I can see why you wouldn't part with it. Love the flourish on your 2nd card.
Hope your surgery goes well.

Beth said...

Oh Connie how gorgeous and I love that background I am with you on these older vintage stamps I keep all of mine. Good luck with your surgery hope your hands will be good as new again.
Stop by my blog girlfriend I have a little something for you.
http://beth714.blogspot.com/

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are gorgeous Connie! Love both of them! Hope that everything goes well with your surgery! Prayers for a speedy recovery! :D

Selene Kempton said...

Wowzer! I love all the texture, the colors, your sponging.. It's awesome!

Lisa Bohler said...

Love all of the layering and choice of color. The ships really shine and so striking with the black accents.

Kristen said...

Wonderful cards. Very masculine, an dthey are just stunning!

Beth Norman said...

Connie, your cards are a delight. I've been afraid to use this technique thinking I'll not have good results. Your cards rock with this technique and certainly inspires me.

Connie said...

Wow, Connie, this is beautiful! I hope all went well with your surgery, too! Get well soon!

Rachel Hope said...

SOOOO Perfect, everything about them both is perfect!

Toni said...

Wonderful card Connie! I really like that image.

Crazystamper said...

Connie these are just outstanding, I love the vintage look and feel of these cards. Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake

Related Posts with Thumbnails