Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blogger's Challenge #113 Product Focus Punches and Dies

Click on picture for a larger view



























Hello it is blogger's challenge time. I have not played in a while and it's nice to be back. This week's challenge is product focus using Dies and Punches..Take a gander here on this link, and see what other challenge players created..

It just worked out nicely with my "Reuse, Recycle and Recreate challenge over at Scrapbooking Fanatics I am hosting. I am priviledged to be on their guest design team for the month of August. Take a boo over to Jayme's store and visit her site..
Jayme and her Design team run a very chatty forum that I call my second home. Here you will find lots of creative spirit, challenges, inspiration and just good ole fashioned friendship.
Click Here, and register to join in and make some new friends.

This layout is primarily made from recycled products: heavy acrylic plastic from packaging which I used my Big Shot Die cut machine to cut the flourishes and flowers and Alphabets. I backed the diecuts with White Cardstock and dies cut from cereal boxes..nary a cereal box goes in my garbage.. the photo matt is made from Corrugated Cardboard painted with Ranger Acrylic paints and Distress Stickles.

To jazz up the clear acrylic dies cuts, I used Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks(brights)..wowsers on how brilliant they turned out.
The large dies for the journaling word "Dolls" is actually recycled paper, made at Help International by Rodney Sidloski...located in Weyburn, Saskatchewan. This fella redefines the term recycling....Take a boo over to Rodney's web site. This man is what I term a pioneer in "Prairie Logistics"who can engineer almost any products into reusable commodities.. Rodney needs to be commended for his love of the earth.


The vibrant Patterned - Distressed Paper, is actually a thin layer of paper towel. I learned this technique from the Technique Junkies Subscription..one of Pat's hundred's of marvelous techniques..Pat is about to release her new CD , so do not miss out on these wonderful editions.

This photo is very precious to me, a picture of my daughter Lizzy who had just salvaged her old doll out of a trunk...She was such a good sport to let me take her picture posing with Miss Piggy and even publish on my blog..
You can visit my stampin up Website here where you can view and or shop for the Big Shot machine, dies and all accessories.

Thanks for stopping by


19 comments:

Lisa M said...

Beautiful! So much detail! I had to just stare at it for a while to take it all in!

Nikki Bond said...

WOW! This is stunning! {SMILES}

Lisa Bohler said...

What a beautifully done page! So much color and life!

Basement Stamper said...

Wow! What a great scrapbook page, love all the details on the page and the picture is fabulous!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning elements you added to your page - very pretty!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful elements you added to your page!

Mickey said...

Gorgeous, stunning layout!

Ida P. Krause said...

This is a WOW project. Such beautiful colors and embellishments. It's wonderful.

Sheryl Dickinson said...

What a beautiful scrapbook page! Love all the details and elements you used!

Patti Chesky said...

Welcome back!!! I love the mix of colors. What a fabulous scrapbook page.

Cheryl said...

Wonderful use of the Big Shot and all those terrific dies. Great photo of your daughter here on this great page.

Rachel Hope said...

Pretty! Love all the details!

Beth Norman said...

OMG, I love everything about this lo.

Marcia P said...

Connie, this is so pretty, what a wonderful project.

:) Marcia P

Connie said...

Wonderful scrapbook page! Lots of color and texture!

Anonymous said...

absolutely love all the inking done on paper towels. Your flair for detail is amazing and love all the neat techniques and materials you used in this layout.

Sheryl C

Robin Merriman said...

So bright and fun! Welcome back, Connie!

Selene Kempton said...

Wow! I love the color splashes everywhere! Stunning!

Beth said...

Connie this is gorgeous love all the detail and those flowers so yummy

Related Posts with Thumbnails