Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cards for Comfort

Click on pictures to see a larger View








Cards for comfort seems to be what I need lately. I find it necessary to have these cards made and ready to go, as life can never plan in advance when you may need one.

I love the stamps from Our Daily Bread, she has a religious element to all her designs.

The techniques I used for these two cards I learned from Technique Junkies. I love trying different techniques for my backgrounds. The copper flourishes on the card done with Gesso are die cuts from Nestabilities.

Backgrounds on both cards are done using Luna Lights paints, Elaine Seip of Integrity Designs carries these paints and I love them. Pat Huntoon has a similar technique in the April May issue of Technique Junkies using a different product.

Cardstock and other inks are from Stampin Up. The background on the blue card was done using a retired stamp called Twill. I love Stampin Up's background stamps for cards, easy peasy and you have a background. I have Piza boxes galore with backgrounds stamped and altered with different mediums. Then, when the mood strikes me I can make a card for the appropriate occasion.

Stop by and check out the Stampin Up promotions and the new mini catalogue HERE

Also, while you are on a web crawl, stop by Craft Critique...hmmmmmm..interesting post this morning and worth the read.

Thanks for Stopping by


5 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Fabulous card. I love the background. All those colours are so interesting. This is one stamp set that I'm really in love with.

Beth Norman said...

This is such a fabulous card. The bg is so nice and colourful. This is one stamp I'm really in love with.

Sheryl C said...

Wow, Connie, you did an amazing job on these cards. The 2nd one is so neat with all the techniques. Any recipient would be thrilled to receive one of these cards.

Cheryl said...

Connie these are gorgeous. I may have to have that stamp.

Shirley said...

Love your lighthouses~! The colors are so pretty and vibrant too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails