Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Blogger's Challenge #94

A note to my readers, changes in my blog side-bar:
I now have a "Follow Me" Button I love followers.

Under My Sites: please note my gallery here you can view all of my cards and Scrapbook layouts.

My Sites: I added a link to my Health Business
Journey over to this site with a cup of coffee and listen to some of the videos..awesome equipment which gave me a new lease on life.
If any of this interests you, please feel free to e-mail me.

And, if you like walking on the far-side I added a list link of blogs showcasing work for Altered Art and Mixed Media

Blogger's Challenge #94: Technique of our Choice

Take a boo and see what the other challenge players created over here.



For this challenge, I used up pieces I created in my stash of techniques. I found this beautiful piece of polished stone. I put a different twist with the type of inks I applied. I used Stampin Up's Craft Inks in the " Soft Subtles" line instead of dye inks.


The ornate background, in the grey cardstock, is a diecut which I sprayed with Tattered Angels Gold Glimmer Mist..you cannot see the shimmer of course..the web is shimmer challenged..I love this ornate die which I cut from my Cricut Expression - the cardtridge Home Accents. Stamps are from "Our Daily Bread" designs.

Click here to view larger in Gallery


Another card using Our Daily Bread Stamps. Cardstock and Ink is from Stampin Up.


The technique for this card was simple: Emboss resist and the colored background was done simply by smooshing Luna Lights paints into the cardstock on a craft sheet. Pat Huntoon has a similar technique using creatix on her subscription site.


thanks for stopping by

Happy Easter to Everyone

16 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Both of these are just beautiful Connie - wonderful techniques to use with ODBD's wonderful Lighthouse image!

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous cards! TFS

Barb Hardeman said...

Your cards a beautiful, Connie. Your image is a perfect choice to showcase your technique. Happy Easter.

Ida P. Krause said...

These are gorgeous. Love the Polished Stone technique and what a fabulous image to use with it.

stamps&cars said...

Beautiful, Connie.....I love that scrolly BG!

Lisa Bohler said...

That image is just perfect for polished stone! Great cards and Happy Easter!

Beth said...

Gorgeous cards Connie I love both of them and a Happy Easter to you too

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are just beautiful Connie! Happy Easter to you and yours! :D

Barbara said...

WOW! Both are just gorgeous!! Haven't done polished stone in awhile.....maybe I'll get try it again and get inky soon!

Jeannette Swain said...

Beautiful cards! These are real WOWS!

Sheryl C said...

Love both your cards Connie.

Patrice Pierce said...

Both of your cards are great! Love that technique!

Kristen said...

Both cards are GORGEOUS! Wonderful job with the challenge!

Patti Chesky said...

I love both cards. There's nothing like a gorgeous Polished Stone background.

Happy Easter!!

Connie said...

Your cards are BEAUTIFUL, Connie! Love the cutwork design on the side of one and the angles on the other. Never can go wrong with Polished Stone!

Tiffany Bauer said...

What beautiful cards!!! What a great technique too!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails